THE WORK WE DID

  • Replaced deteriorated sealant
  • Removed and replaced loose/deteriorated stucco
  • Concrete repair
  • Crack repair
  • Interior spandrel beam concrete repair
  • Fa├žade cleaning
  • Elastomeric coating

HISTORY

  • Was built in 1925 as a grain elevator for the Reading Company, which was built on an existing foundation for Philadelphia Grain Elevator Company about 1880 that was acquired by the Reading Company in 1905
  • The Reading Company sold the building in 1945 to the Tidewater Grain Company
  • In 1977, interior designer Ken Parker purchased the building to adapt and reuse to have the bottom two floors for business space and the top four stories for living spaces for himself
  • Parker sold it to Granary Associates in 1986 using it as office spaces until Pearl Properties acquired the Granary in 2007
  • After a few years of back-and-forth proposed plans, it was converted into a 9story apartment complex in 2014 and then was converted to its current use as a 22-unit short-stay apartment complex named the Tidewater

411 N 20th St, Philadelphia, PA 19130

Contact Premier Building Restoration Today.